The world needs listeners and viewers, but it needs someone else even more. Creators. People willing to step out of the audience and contribute something original. Something illuminating. Something with the power to change the lives of all those listeners and viewers. Maybe even the world.
Zoom North America, the U.S. affiliate of the Zoom Corporation (Japan), provides technology that empowers and inspires these creators; musicians, filmmakers, sound designers, podcasters, educators, bloggers, and more.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house Marketing Copywriter / Social Media Specialist to interpret our brand needs and support our marketing efforts with high-impact, persuasive, clear, and concise copy, who will also serve as a key person in developing and implementing social media activities and engagements. You will work across a variety of media and marketing activities in order to support and drive visibility, knowledge, and demand for our products. The areas of involvement include, but are not limited to:
- Web sites
- Print ads
- Social media
- Digital advertising campaigns
- Product packaging
- Product videos
- Press releases
- eMail marketing
- Tradeshow preparation
As part of the internal marketing team you will collaborate with your marketing teammates, other Zoom departments, Zoom Corporation headquarters in Japan, as well as third party contractors, vendors, and agencies.
You must have copywriting experience across a combination of digital, print, and video media, and have the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing overall quality. You must be committed to brand development and collaboration. The candidate should be a clear communicator and self-starter who is comfortable juggling multiple projects,
but also knows when to raise a hand for clarification or help. Most importantly, we are looking for passion above all else. Our work environment can be very fast paced, exciting, and is team oriented.
Our associates enjoy competitive salary, Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability, and 401-K benefits. The candidate will work out of Zoom North America’s offices in Hauppauge, NY (Long Island).
Please submit cover letter, résumé, and an online location where writing samples can be reviewed.
- Ability to work within an established brand identity under the direction of the VP of Marketing
- Assist in development of product creative + strategy briefs to help guide product messaging and design work
- Work across a wide range of media to accomplish brand goals
- Think creatively and develop a distinct, consistent brand voice
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas to your team
- Amend final copy to team comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with internal marketing, sales, and product support as well as third party photographers, musicians/engineers/filmmakers, videographers, and Zoom’s marketing agency of record
- Prepare finished copy with accuracy and attention to detail
Social Media Specialist
- Publish social media posts across various platforms.
- Understanding of various platform analytics, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of best practices on various platforms.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience
- Experience with paid social media marketing
- A diverse portfolio of clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Familiarity with digital marketing and sales platforms such as Amazon, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads Manager, and others